These gluten free strawberry muffins are delicious. And they were made by my fifteen year old daughter.
I know strawberry season is almost over, but these muffins were so good I knew I had to share the recipe and I really think these would work well with raspberries or blueberries too. So you could easily adapt them using a different berry if you don’t have strawberries.
My daughter wanted to bake something recently and found a recipe for a strawberry cupcake in a cookbook we had. She wanted to adapt it to be gluten free and she also wanted more of a muffin than a cupcake, so we talked about what she needed to do to adapt the recipe.
I have been trying to work with my girls on adapting recipes to be gluten free. They both eat gluten free, so it is a skill that will be very helpful in the future. Yes, it takes time to explain the hows and whys of what you do, but I know it will be worth it.
And my daughter did a great job with this recipe. The gluten free strawberry muffins were so good and were gone in no time. Even my son who is not usually a fan of strawberries enjoyed these.
I plan to make some this week to stock the freezer and I think I might add in some blueberries since I have a lot of blueberries in the garden right now.
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time until mixed in well.
- Add half of flour mixture to butter sugar mixture.
- Add milk and mix just until combined.
- Add remaining flour and mix just until combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups that have been lined or greased well.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.