The last few weeks I have had a lot of zucchini coming from my garden. This means I have been creative in the ways I use up my zucchini. And this means my family never knows where I sneak it in.
I was recently searching online for ways to use zucchini and came across a chocolate zucchini cookie recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod and knew I had to adapt it to be gluten free. I love Two Peas and Their Pod, especially their cookie recipes, so I knew they would be good.
It took a little bit to get the right gluten free flours for these, but when I did, they turned out great. These are so good you will want to double this recipe.
We ate these up in no time. Then I made a triple batch to take to a church dinner and everyone loved them. Yes, I took gluten free zucchini cookies to a potluck dinner and everyone loved them. Really you need to try these.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt- I have use greek and regular and I think greek works a little better.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini- I use the smaller side of my grater for this
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl melt butter.
- Add sugars and cocoa to butter and stir to combine. This mixture will be dry.
- Stir in yogurt and vanilla and stir until combined well.
- Add dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool.
- This makes about 15 cookies.