Yes, you read that right. Today I am sharing gluten free zucchini brownies. I know, zucchini in brownies?! But stay with me on this one.
We have had a ton of zucchini coming from our garden lately and I have been using it a lot in things like zucchini pizza, gluten free zucchini cookies, gluten free zucchini cake, and gluten free zucchini muffins. But I wanted to branch out and try some new things using zucchini, so gluten free zucchini brownies it was.
These were really good. They were a healthy like brownie. Not that they are healthy, but they are not a rich and fudgy brownie either. They were good though and a recipe I will make again.
I left these plain, but you could easily frost these for a richer cake like brownie.
Gluten Free Zucchini Brownies
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir dry mixture into sugar mixture until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.