If you are gluten and/or nut free you know how hard things like granola bars are to buy. If you can find them they are often expensive and lacking in taste.
Homemade is usually your best option, but who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen making homemade granola bars? Today I have an easy homemade granola bar for you. Really these are easy to make and taste great.
If you are looking for a gluten free nut free granola bar these are for you.
A few months ago I bought some brown rice syrup and decided to use it in one of my favorite homemade granola bars. I really liked the granola bars with the brown rice syrup, but I know many of you will not have any on hand, so if you don’t have any I gave another option in the recipe below.
And if you want to make these a little different and more dessert like, stir in some chocolate chips or raisins.
Gluten Free Nut Free Granola Bars
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup or corn syrup
- 2 1/3 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- Grease and 8×8 pan.
- In a pan combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, and the brown rice syrup (or corn syrup if you are using it). Stir constantly over medium heat until butter melts, sugar dissolves, and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and add oats.
- Stir well until oats are well coated. Spread mixture into 8×8 or similar pan.
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and cut into bars. Cool for about 1 hour more in the pan and then remove bars from the pan. If you wait to cut and remove the bars from the pan until the pan is completely cooled, the bars will be very hard to remove.
For different variations, stir in a few chocolate chips when you add the oats, or for something even healthier, add a few raisins, when you stir in the oats.