This recipe was inspired by a dish my dad makes. My dad makes a BBQ spaghetti like dish that I hear is delicious. I have actually never had it, but from what I hear it is really good.
When I first heard about it I was not sure what to think. BBQ and pasta just don’t seem like they go together, but the more I heard about it, the more I was intrigued with the flavor combination and knew I needed to try it.
Now, I will say my dad’s version is totally different than mine. He smokes his meat for hours, so it is a real bbq that he uses in his. Mine is more of a fake bbq, but it is quick and easy to make.
I also changed it up and made it into a baked spaghetti because I love baked spaghetti. Pasta and sauce covered in cheese and baked in the oven until bubbly, how can you go wrong with that?!
My family was a bit skeptical of this at first. They had pretty much the same reaction I did when I heard about my dad’s bbq spaghetti, but once they gave it a try they loved it and told me that I have to make it again. So, this will be on the menu plan again soon.
BBQ Baked Spaghetti
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to directions.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef with green pepper and onion. Cooking until beef is browned and the onion and pepper are tender.
- Add garlic powder, bbq sauce, and tomato sauce. Cook over medium low until heated through.
- Combine sauce with cooked spaghetti noodles and stir in half of the cheese.
- Spread into a greased 9×13 pan and sprinkled with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.