So far I have shared my oven pancakes and my oven grilled cheese sandwiches with you all. Today it is oven quesadillas. I love using my oven to make large batches of things because it often saves me time in the kitchen.
Items like pancakes, grilled cheese, and quesadillas really do not take much time to make on a skillet or griddle, but it does take some time when you are feeding a family of hungry kids. Especially if you are trying to do multiple things in the kitchen at once.
If I am making just one or two quesadillas, I make them the regular way in a skillet or griddle. If I need quesadillas for my whole family for lunch or dinner, I make them in the oven.
Baking them in the oven means they are all done and hot at once. Which means it is easier for us to all eat dinner at the same time. It also means that I don’t have to keep an eye on the quesadillas and can do other things while they cook.
Oven quesadillas are so easy and so good!
Have you made quesadillas in your oven before?
- 12 tortillas- I use corn
- shredded cheese
- optional- chicken, peppers, or any other filling you like for your quesadillas
- Place 6 tortillas on a cookie sheet.
- Spread cheese and other toppings on tortillas.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 400 for 8-12 minutes. The time will vary depending on how crisp you like your quesadillas.
- You can also brush the outside of the tortillas with oil, but I usually keep them just plain.