Yesterday I shared a recipe for regular gluten free biscotti. Today I am sharing a delicious gluten free chocolate version of biscotti.
I am not sure which biscotti I liked more. The regular one or the chocolate one. I think I will have to say both, because really I don’t think I can choose. They were really that good.
We dipped these in chocolate, because again everything is better with chocolate, but you could easily leave these plain.
Gluten Free Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mini gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Carefully stir in the flour mixture until the dough until stiff. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet, press dough out until dough is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until slightly firm. Allow the biscotti to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool.
- Remove the biscotti from the cookie sheet and cut the biscotti into 3/4 inch slices.
- Return biscotti to cookie sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Cool biscotti on a rack.