Quick, easy, and family friendly dinners are a must for most of our busy lifestyles. And yet we still want those dinners to be pretty healthy and budget friendly.
I think those reasons are why you all love my homemade hamburger helpers so much. They are quick and easy and the whole family loves them.
This chili helper is a version I came up with awhile ago and my kids love it. Serve with with salad or other vegetables and you will have dinner on the table in no time.
Homemade Chili Hamburger Helper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth ( Or use water and beef bouillon)
- 1 cup milk (If you are using gluten free pasta you might need a little extra liquid)
- 1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1- 16 ounce can chili beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni or other pasta
- salt to taste
- In a pan brown ground beef until done. Drain off any fat.
- Add beef broth, milk, tomatoes, and chili beans. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 17-20 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir once while cooking and test pasta at 17 minutes, if needed cook a few more minutes.
- Stir in cheese and serve.