Blintz Breakfast Casserole is the perfect recipe for a weekend breakfast treat. It is rich and creamy and oh so good. So, actually this is a delicious recipe to make any day or meal of the week.
I think versions of this recipe have been around for years. I have seen it many times with only slight variations. I think it probably originated with Betty Crocker or from one of their contests, but I am not sure. I do know that this is a quick and easy breakfast that is delicious!
Doesn’t that look rich, creamy, and delicious!
What I love about this breakfast is that it is a perfect base for so many things. We love this with a dollop of jam on top, but it is also good with fresh fruit or berries.
Fresh peaches sliced on top would be wonderful. So would fried apples. Really I think any fruit would be delicious on this.
If you are looking for a special breakfast or brunch recipe this is a great recipe to try.
And this recipe is easy to make gluten free simply by using my gluten free baking mix instead of the regular biscuit mix.
Blintz Breakfast Casserole
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick, homemade baking mix, or gluten free baking mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup jam, jelly, or fruit
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine filling ingredients and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine batter ingredients until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9×13 pan.
- Spoon filling over batter.
- Bake for 48-52 minutes. Or until center is set.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve with jam or fruit on top.