Simple slow cooker meals make life in the kitchen so much easier. And this slow cooked Mexican lasagna is an easy slow cooked meal your family will love.
Early this year I shared a kitchen tip for lining your crock pot with foil. It was one of those I can’t believe I have not tried this before tips.
When I shared that tip, I had planned on sharing the recipe that was in the picture, right after I shared the tip. Well, that was back in April. Yes April. I was a little slow at getting you this recipe. And the only excuse I have is a crazy summer that kept me way to busy. At least I finally have the recipe for you today, just in time for busy fall and winter dinners.
Mexican lasagna is a meal I have been making for years. I usually make it in the oven, but I love how well it worked in the crock pot. It was moist, cheesy, and delicious! And the foil kept it from getting too done in the crock pot.
Easy Slow Cooked Mexican Lasagna
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2- 10 ounce cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 corn tortillas
- In a skillet brown ground beef until done. Drain off any fat.
- Add one 1 can enchilada sauce and beans to the ground beef. Stir well.
- Line slow cooker with aluminum foil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the remaining can of enchilada sauce into slow cooker.
- Place three tortillas on top of sauce.
- Spread about 1/4 of the meat mixture on top of tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour about 1/4 cup sauce on top.
- Place 3 more tortillas on top.
- Repeat layers until all meat, cheese, tortillas, and sauce have been used.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and enjoy.