These gluten free corn dog muffins are one of the easiest kid friendly meals you can make.
Corn dog muffins are great when you need a quick dinner, but they also work great for lunches. And they freeze well. These are perfect for making a double or triple batch and then keeping in the freezer for busy days.
My kids love these with a big chunk of hot dog in the middle, but you can also just chop up the hot dogs small and stir them into the batter instead of using a large chunk in the center.
You can also change them up a little my stirring some shredded cheese into the batter for a cheesy corn dog muffin.
These are quick, easy, kid friendly, and gluten free! We all need more recipes like that!
Gluten Free Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 5 -6 gluten free hot dogs, cut into 1 inch or so pieces
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease muffin pan. This makes about 12 muffins.
- In a bowl combine cornmeal, rice flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine melted shortening, buttermilk, milk, and egg. Whisk together.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup half full with batter.
- Place once piece of hot dog in each cup.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon more batter on top of hot dog.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done.
Variations: Stir in shredded cheese for a cheesy gluten free corn dog muffin. Cut hot dog into small pieces and stir into batter. Place batter into muffin pans and cook.