Are you looking for a simple gluten free breakfast that freezes great? If so these gluten free sausage cheddar biscuits are for you.
I made big batch of these last week and they were gone in no time. My family loved them.
What I loved about these biscuits was how easy they were to make ahead for a quick breakfast on busy mornings. These can easily be made a day or two ahead and kept in the refrigerator. Or you can make a large batch and freeze them to take out as needed throughout the week. Either way these are great.
I made these in a square shape to keep them simple, but you could easily make them in a more traditional round biscuit shape as well.
If you are looking for a new gluten free breakfast these are a must try. I think your family will love them.
Gluten Free Sausage Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, corn starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter and cut in using a fork or pastry blender until small pea sized chunks form. (You can also place dry ingredients in a food processor and add butter pulsing until small chunks form.)
- Stir in cooked sausage and shredded cheese.
- Add buttermilk and mix just until combined and dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto a baking sheet or pan. Using a little rice flour press out dough into a 9×13 or so sized rectangle.
- Cut into 12 squares and spread apart on pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.