This gluten free chili cornbread casserole recipe is a great quick and easy gluten free meal.
I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again, gluten free can be quick and easy and taste great. And it does not have to contain a bunch of special ingredients.
This chili cornbread casserole is an example of that. It is so quick and easy to make and it is delicious. My whole family loves this casserole and I have been making it for years. If you are looking for a new gluten free dinner to serve your family this fall and winter this is a great one to try.
This is also one of those recipes that no one will know is gluten free. It is basically normal food that happens to be gluten free. Those kind of meals are the best and often become our favorite gluten free meals to serve to family and friends.
Gluten Free Chili Cornbread Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1- 14 3/4 ounce gluten free cream style corn ( Most canned creamed corn is gluten free, but be sure to read labels to be sure the one you are using is gluten free.)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- In a skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off fat and set meat aside.
- In a bowl combine gluten free cornmeal, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine eggs, creamed corn, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Carefully layer ground beef, cheese, and green chilies on top of batter.
- Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.