Today’s recipe for one pot taco dinner is a quick and easy family friendly meal.
One pot meals are perfect for those busy days when you need to get dinner on the table fast. We all have days like that. Those busy days where you are trying to avoid the drive thru. This meal is perfect for a days like that.
This recipe also contains basic everyday ingredients that most of us keep on hand. And not only does it contain basic ingredients, it takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
I love this recipe because it is also very family friendly. It combines the flavors of taco, but in a one pot meal. If your family loves tacos, I think they will love this. And you will love how easy it is to make.
One Pot Taco Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2- 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broken/crushed tortilla chips
- shredded lettuce, sour cream, additional cheese, etc for serving
- In a large skillet or pan brown ground beef until done. Drain off any fat.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, beans, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa to the pan. Stir well and cook on low, stirring occasionally until heated through. This will take about 5- 8 minutes.
- Once heated through stir in broken chips and cheese. Stir just to combine.
- Serve with desired toppings.