Today for my 30 Days of Christmas recipes I am sharing a very quick and easy holiday treat. These would work great for either a fun Thanksgiving weekend treat, a Christmas treat, or any holiday breakfast.
Funfetti doughnuts anyone?
My daughter saw a recipe for funfetti doughnuts a few months ago and she instantly wanted to add them to our list of things to try soon. So a few weeks ago I went to work on coming up with a simple funfetti doughnut recipe.
The recipe she saw was basically a homemade cake mix with sprinkles stirred in. I knew we could do an easy version of that.
So, I started with a basic yellow cake mix. This is similar to how I make my easy chocolate doughnuts.
I stirred some cake sprinkles into the batter and baked them in a doughnut pan. Once they cooled my kids did the work of dipping them into the glaze and sprinkles.
My kids loved helping to make these and they loved eating them. So these are a fun holiday treat to involve your kids in. They only call for a few ingredients and are simple to make. Kids will love these.
And if you don’t have a doughnut pan, I think you could easily make these in a mini muffin tin and adjust the baking time slightly. They would not be doughnuts, but would be doughnut muffins.
Quick and Easy Funfetti Doughnut Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix (King Arthur Gluten Free Cake Mix works too)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow or holiday sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- more spinkles for topping
- Makes 18 doughnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cake mix, eggs, butter, and milk. Beat until smooth. This will take about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and sprinkles and stir to combine.
- Spread batter into greased doughnut pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Dip the top of the doughnuts in the glaze and then dip in sprinkles.
- Let doughnuts set for glaze to harden before serving.