Simple crock pot meals are perfect this time of year. Really simple crock pot meals are perfect for anytime of year. I think we all love crock pot meals that are easy to make and that are family and budget friendly.
Today’s recipe is just that. It is easy to make, uses basics ingredients, and the whole family will love it. Or at least my whole family does.
I have mexican casserole recipe that my family loves and I recently adapted for the crock pot. It worked great. It tasted just like the regular oven version, but the crock pot made it even easier. As soon as I realized how well this recipe worked in the crock pot I knew I had to share it with all of you.
I made this in my casserole crock pot, but you could easily make this in a regular crock pot.
One of the things I love about this casserole is that it is easy to change up. I usually use black beans, but you could easily use pinto beans or another bean.
It also calls for nacho cheese tortilla chips, but again that is easy to change up. The day I took pictures for this post I used just regular tortilla chips because that is what I had and it worked fine. It really is one of those recipes that is hard to mess up and is easy to change up.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1- 16 ounce can chili beans ( I use Bush's chili beans because they are gluten free)
- 1- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 11 ounce can corn, drained
- 1- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
- 4 cups crushed nacho cheese tortilla chips or crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet cook beef until browned and cooked through. Drain off any fat.
- Stir tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning into meat.
- Layer half of the tortilla chips into crock pot.
- Spread half of the meat mixture on top of chips.
- Layer half of the cheese on top of meat mixture.
- Repeat layers with remaining chips, meat, and cheese.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.