I finally have a new gluten free recipe for my neglected gluten free section. I am so sorry that I have not shared more gluten free recipes recently.
I have been sharing my gluten free menu plans and I have been posting in my main section, but it has been awhile since I shared a new gluten free recipe. Today I am changing that with a delicious new gluten free cookie recipe.
Chocolate, coconut, and oatmeal all combined to make a delicious gluten free cookie.
I first made these during the holidays and we loved them. I adapted and tweaked a regular cookie to make it gluten free. It took a few tries to get it just right, but the final results were worth it. These are so good!
I make these with chocolate chips, but they would also be delicious with gluten free white chocolate chips.
- 1½ cups white rice flour
- ¾ cup sweet rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1½ cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Mix for several minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined well.
- Add oatmeal, coconut, and chocolate chips. Mix just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.