These gluten free dairy free waffles are light, fluffy, and delicious!
One of my daughters is now eating mainly dairy free. She doesn’t eat 100% dairy free, but she eats almost completely dairy free. So we have been working on some new recipes that she can have.
These gluten free dairy free waffles is one of the recipes we made recently and they are delicious!
These waffles are an example of a recipe that I could not get quite right with a gluten free blend. I tried. They were good, but not quite what I knew they could be. I knew I could get something better with individual gluten free flours.
So with some adapting and adjusting using individual gluten free flour I found what we think is the perfect gluten free dairy free waffle.
These waffles are not a quick and easy recipe though. They are quick to make, but because of the yeast in them they do take some time to rise, so be sure to allow for that.
Our favorite way to eat waffles is with fruit. I made a trip to a local peach orchard recently and the peaches were perfect for on top of waffles.
- 1½ cups coconut milk beverage warmed slightly, not canned coconut milk, I used So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- 1½ teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients, except baking powder. Be sure it is a bowl large enough for the batter to rise. Whisk just until well combined. It is okay if it is not perfectly smooth.
- Cover the bowl and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Stir baking powder into batter.
- Cook according to directions on waffle iron.
- Serve and enjoy!