These waffles are light and fluffy and delicious! And I am sharing three different versions today for these waffles.
Over the last several weeks I have been working on new waffle recipes. My family doesn’t mind it at all when I do some major recipe testing, especially when waffles are involved!
With some tweaking and adjusting I have come up with several versions of these light and fluffy waffles that my family love. I decided to share all three recipes because they are all recipes that I have been making for my family. They are all delicious so I knew I had to share them all!
Most of the time I make the same thing for everyone in my family, but occasionally I decide to adapt things to fit everyone’s food issues. There are times when everyone just enjoys having their own versions.
Light and fluffy waffles is a case of just that. I have tweaked and adapted them to get three different versions so that everyone in my family was happy.
And since I am not dairy free, I will admit that my favorite way to eat waffles is with fruit and whipped cream. Yes, that makes it more like dessert, but it is so good!
What is your favorite way to eat waffles?
- 1½ cups milk, warmed slightly
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients, except baking powder. Be sure it is a bowl large enough for the batter to rise. Whisk just until well combined. It is okay if it is not perfectly smooth.
- Cover the bowl and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Stir baking powder into batter.
- Cook according to directions on waffle iron.
- Serve and enjoy!