If you are gluten free and dairy free this is a recipe you need to try. It is so good. And even if you are not dairy free this is a must try recipe. This is our new favorite gluten free banana bread and it is so easy to make.
I shared a recipe on my main site for dairy free banana bread recently and knew I needed to share the gluten free version with you.
This is one of those recipes that I tried several times with a gluten free blend and it just didn’t work. The texture was all wrong. The outside was dry and the inside was gooey. I am guessing it was a xanthan gum problem.
The whole blends not working in everything is why I don’t always use them. They work in some things really well and in some things okay. In other things they don’t work at all and the end result is nothing like the real version.
If I am going to take the time and ingredients to make something gluten free, I want it to be as close to the real thing as possible. I don’t want it to be just okay. I want it to be gluten free and delicious.
This gluten free banana bread is gluten free and delicious!
It took some trial and error to figure out what the best gluten free flours were to use, but once I did it turned out perfect.
This gluten free banana bread is a great way to use up some of those bananas that are sitting on your counter. This bread also freezes great. You can freeze a whole loaf or you can slice it and freeze the slices individually.
- ¾ cup brown or white rice flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream together eggs, sugar, and oil. Add in bananas, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let set in pan for 10 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack to cool.