Homemade breakfast bowls are a simple meal that can easily be made ahead and kept in the freezer for busy mornings. They also make a great breakfast for dinner.
Breakfast bowls are one of those meals that you can buy in the freezer section of your grocery store. They come ready to go in a microwavable bowl. But they are so easy to make at home and so much cheaper.
If you buy those breakfast bowls please try making your own. Really they are so much better. For the price of just a couple of those bowls in the store, you can easily make a whole bunch at home.
I have been making various versions of breakfast bowls for years. I love making them because they are easy to make, freeze well, and can be changed by using different types of meat and cheese.
The version I am sharing today uses kielbasa type sausage and frozen cubed hash browns. My family prefers these with cheese, but if you are dairy free you can easily leave it out. I usually take out some for my dairy free daughter before I add the cheese.
When I make these I like to use a large electric skillet, but you can easily make these in smaller batches in a stove top skillet. (I have this Nonstick Electric Skillet and love it! It is a little bit expensive, but worth it. And that is an affiliate link.)
- 1 bag of cubed hash browns (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 dozen scrambled eggs, cooked
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa sausage, cut into bite sized pieces ( If you are gluten free be sure your sausage is gf)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Mix all the cooked ingredients together and stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately or reheat and serve.
- You can also freeze this in small containers and take out and reheat as needed.