Is there anyone that does not enjoy nachos? I mean really what could be wrong about tortilla chips, covered in cheese, meat, and all kinds of other deliciousness!
Nachos are perfect for a snack, football game watching, or a fun quick and easy meal. I often end up making nachos on Sunday evening. Sunday evening is the night I don’t usually cook. It is kind of my night off from cooking or at least major cooking.
If I cook it is usually easy like breakfast for dinner, leftovers, or something like sandwiches or nachos.
When I make nachos I like to use leftover taco meat, but I recently changed it up and use some ground sausage that I had on hand and they were delicious!
My family loved how the sausage changed the nachos up and made them a little different. I loved how easy they were to make!
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 can refried beans
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12-18 ounces tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cheddar, colby jack, or pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a skillet cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add refried beans, chili powder, cumin, and salt to meat and stir to combine.
- Spread half of the meat mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the meat mixture and half of the cheese.
- Layer the remaining tortilla chips, remaining meat, and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- You can also spread this in one layer on a large sheet pan and reduce the baking time.