Stuffed Pepper Casserole is a quick and easy dinner your family is sure to love!
It is no secret that I love quick and easy recipes, especially when it comes to dinner. I love to cook and bake, but the reality of my life is that I am busy. In don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen every day for dinner.
In order to feed my family home cooked meals I need them to quick and easy. I also need them to be meals that everyone will enjoy without breaking the budget.
This stuffed pepper casserole is just that. It is quick and easy to make and my whole family loves it. Even my picky eater who doesn’t like green peppers enjoyed this.
I love to keep green peppers in the freezer. If I find them on sale or have extra from the garden I just cut them up and freeze them for recipes like this. If you have never frozen green peppers you can read my post on freezing green peppers. It is a great way to save money on something that is often expensive.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 green peppers, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 - 1½ cup shredded cheddar, Italian blend, or other shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet cook beef, peppers, and onions until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in rice, marinara sauce, salt, and water.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until the rice is tender and cheese is completely melted.