These 4 ingredient holiday cookies are quick, easy, and delicious!
I am all about keeping it simple, especially this time of year. Food does not have to be fancy or expensive to be good. And it does not have to take a lot of time. Food can be simple and delicious.
These cookies are just that. They are simple and so good.
I love recipes like that this time of year. We are all so busy and the activities this time of year often involve food. These cookies are the perfect quick and easy cookie or dessert to make. With only 4 ingredients they go together in no time.
This is also one of those recipes that your kids can easily make. My girls have been making these cookies for years.
I used holiday M&M’s, but you can easily use other holiday candies. This recipe is the basic cake mix cookie recipe that I have made for years and it is easy to change up. You can use holiday candy, chocolate chips, white chocolate, mint chips, or a combination of candy. So easy and so good!
And if you are gluten free I shared how to make the gluten free version in the recipe below.
- 1 chocolate cake mix, dry cake mix do not make up
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup holiday M&M's or other holiday candy or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix together well. Batter will be stiff.
- Stir in candy.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Flatten cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.
- *For gluten free version I have used a King Arthur Gluten Free cake mix and it works great, just add 2 extra tablespoons of oil to the batter.