BBQ Chili is a fun twist on a traditional chili recipe.
BBQ Chili is a fun new twist on my chili that my family has been loving. I am not sure where I first saw the idea for bbq chili, but I think it was in a magazine. When I saw the idea I was intrigued because my family eats a lot of chili.
We also love bbq and bbq sauce, so I thought my family would love the idea of bbq chili.
To make bbq chili I just took one of my favorite chili recipes, adjusted it slightly, and added bbq sauce.
What I came up with was a recipe we loved. My family thought it was a fun change from traditional chili. I will add though that if you are not a big bbq fan, this recipe might not be for you. You can taste the bbq sauce in it. It is good, but the bbq flavor is definitely there.
If you love trying new and unusual chili recipes this one is for you!
It is also easy to make gluten free just read the label to be sure the bbq sauce is gluten free.
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 -14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup bbq sauce ( If gluten free be sure to use gf bbq sauce)
- 1 -2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- In a skillet brown ground beef with onion and green pepper. Cook until meat is browned and onions are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Drain off any fat and add meat to a crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in cheese just before serving or serve with cheese sprinkled on top of each bowl.