Chocolate chip banana bread is a simple quick bread to make. It is also a great way to use up some of those overripe bananas you might have on your counter.
I don’t think you can ever have too many banana bread recipes. Or actually too many banana recipes.
Overripe bananas are one of those things that I always seem to have around. We love bananas, but three out of the five people in my house prefer bananas on the green side. We don’t like them overripe or brown.
Yes, I am one of the ones that prefers them on the green side. So I am always looking for fun and delicious ways to use them up.
My kids love chocolate added to just about anything and banana bread is no exception. They love it when I add chocolate chips to banana bread.
In fact, if my daughter makes banana bread you can pretty much guarantee that it will have chocolate chips in it.
If you have some bananas that need used up this chocolate chip banana bread is a must make!
There is also a gluten free version option listed below. I don’t use gluten free blends often, but we have made this bread with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend and it turns out great.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour ( Or use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gf flour blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream together eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Add in bananas, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let set in pan for 10 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack to cool.