Pizza Salad is a quick and easy dinner your family is sure to love. It is a fun and delicious dinner to change up your regular pizza night.
If you have read my site for long you know I love quick and easy recipes. You probably also know that I love salad. I also love making salads that my whole family will love. In other words meaty main dish type salads.
We eat a lot of salad especially during the warmer months of the year. They are easy to make. They are also a pretty healthy one dish meal that does not require the use of my oven. I love all those things during the spring and summer.
I have been having fun trying all kinds of new salad combinations. Pizza salad was one of the recent ones that I came up with.
We have a pizza pasta salad that we love. I make it all the time during the summer. Today’s version though is a green salad with homemade dressing and all the fun toppings of pizza.
We topped our pizza salad with pepperoni, Canadian bacon, cheese, olives, peppers, and tomatoes, but you can easily change this up. You could add other types of meat or you could make it meatless. Mushrooms would be delicious on this too.
The homemade dressing is what makes this so good. Yes, you could easily use a store bought dressing, but homemade salad dressing is easy to make and tastes so much better. It is well worth taking the time to make it.
- Lettuce, romaine, iceberg, or mixed greens
- 1/2 pound pepperoni, cut into pieces or use the small pepperoni
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into pieces
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks or shredded
- 1 tomato chopped or use cherry tomatoes
- 1 green, yellow, orange, or red pepper sliced
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a jar or container whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine salad ingredients together.
- If serving right away toss salad and dressing together. Or serve salad with dressing on the side for each person to pour salad dressing on their salad.