This lemon pound cake is so moist and delicious!
If you love lemons as much as I do this lemon pound cake is a must make. It is so moist and delicious. Not only that it is easy to make.
Today I am sharing two versions of this pound cake. I am sharing a regular version and also how I adapted it to be gluten free. The gluten free version is so good that no one will know it is gluten free.
The Greek yogurt in this is what makes this pound cake so moist and good. It gives it just the right taste and texture.
I drizzled a lemon glaze on top. You could easily leave this off, but the glaze adds a nice extra bit of lemon that is so good!
For the gluten free version I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend. I am not a huge fan of pre-made gluten free flour blends, but in this recipe it works. Lemon juice is one of my favorite things to use in gluten free baking because the acid in it really helps the taste and texture. It is also why I think a blend works well in this recipe. This is seriously so good that I don’t think anyone will know it is gluten free.
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/3 cup
- 3/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups
all purpose flour or Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Blend
- 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup
low fat or fat free plain Greek Yogurt
- For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar. It will be slightly dry and crumbly.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beating well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture to batter. Mix just until combined.
- Add Greek yogurt and mix just until combined.
- Mix in remaining flour just until combined.
- Spread batter in loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Once pound cake is cooled whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake.
- Slice and enjoy!