I love one pot dinners and this One Pot Taco Dinner with Rice is so easy and so good!
I have been making one pot dinners for years, but they were not necessarily called one pot dinners. I think the whole term one pot dinner or one pot meals is a new trend in cooking, but the idea of cooking in one pot is nothing new.
One pot meals are great because they are quick and easy to make and they use only one pot. The fact that they use only one pot makes clean up a breeze. Which I love!
I have another version of One Pot Taco Dinner, but it doesn’t contain rice. We love that version, but this one is great because the rice makes it a little more filling and stretches the meal a bit more. Which is great if you have hungry kids like I do.
One Pot Taco Dinner with Rice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2- 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 package taco seasoning or use homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, chips, etc.
- In a large pan cook ground beef with onion and green pepper. Cook until beef is browned and onions and peppers are tender.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add uncooked rice to meat mixture and stir. Cooking stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until rice starts to turn opaque in color.
- Add remaining ingredients except, corn, cheese and toppings and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cook 5-10 minutes more or until rice and corn are tender and done.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve with desired toppings.