Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are moist, delicious, and gluten free!
Carrot cake is one of those desserts that I love because it is an old fashioned dessert that uses basic ingredients.
It is also one of those desserts that is easy to adapt to gluten free because it is so moist and full of flavor.
For this recipe I took a basic carrot cake and made it gluten free. I also turned it into cupcakes.
One of my favorite things about gluten free cupcakes is that I can easily freeze them for future use. This works great for those times when the gluten free people in my family need a quick dessert to take somewhere. We just take what we need out of the freezer and we have an easy and safe dessert when needed.
That is if you have any leftover to freeze. Which is sometimes the problem at my house. But you can easily solve that by making a double batch.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line about 15 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together pineapple, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir pineapple mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in carrots.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 5 minutes and remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled frost with cream cheese frosting.