If you love coffee and chocolate these double chocolate gluten free mocha muffins are for you!
These double chocolate mocha muffins are delicious and they are gluten free!
These are one of my daughter’s favorite muffins. In fact, she came up with this recipe. It is based on the basic gluten free muffin recipe that we love and use all the time. She just adapted it by adding two kinds of chocolate and some coffee.
These muffins are not only delicious they also freeze great. So they are perfect for making in a large batch and keeping in the freezer for breakfasts and snacks.
And I will totally admit that these are not a healthy gluten free muffin. These are more of a sweet dessert like muffin. My kids love them for breakfast, but that doesn’t mean they are healthy. They are delicious though!
Double Chocolate Gluten Free Mocha Muffins
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. This makes 18 muffins.
- In a bowl whisk together rice flours, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat milk in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in coffee granules and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This takes 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla.
- Add ½ of the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Add coffee mixture and mix until combined.
- Add remaining flour just until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done with a toothpick.