Creamy White Chili with Sausage is a delicious dinner that goes together in no time!
One of my favorite things about fall and winter is that it is chili and soup season. Chili and soup is just about the perfect meal because it is a meal all by itself.
Yes you can add bread, cornbread, or a salad, but you don’t have to. Soup and chili is an easy one pot meal.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is even better because it goes together from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for busy days.
The leftovers of this also freeze great. You can freeze them in small containers for single servings perfect for lunch or in a larger container for a simple freezer meal. Either way it is a great meal to keep in your freezer.
I call this creamy white chili because it is slightly creamy, but it has no dairy in it. The creamy part of this comes from the white chili beans. Since they are chili beans they have a sauce on them that gives the soup a creamy texture when stirred in. It is delicious!
Doesn’t that cornbread look good. I shared that recipe last year. It is a great simple southern style cornbread.
Creamy White Chili with Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sausage ( I use ground breakfast sausage)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 – 14 ounce cans chicken broth ( I use gluten free chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2- 15 ounce cans northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2- 15 ounce cans white chili beans ( I use Bush’s white chili beans because they are gluten free)
- 2- 4 ounce cans green chilies
- In a large pot cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan. Stir well and cook on low for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally while cooking.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.