Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a delicious dessert that only contains a few ingredients. This dessert is one of the easiest desserts that you can make and it is so good!
My favorite recipes to share are quick and easy recipes that use only a few ingredients. The kind of recipes that make life in the kitchen easier. This Caramel Apple Dump Cake is that kind of recipe. It is so quick and easy to make and it is delicious!
For this recipe I took my basic apple dump cake and added caramel. That is it. But that simple ingredient took the basic dump cake to a whole new level. Apple Dump Cake is good. Add caramel and it is even better!
There are several ways that you can make this dump cake. I share the different versions below in the recipe. You can use a basic yellow cake mix. You can also make it without a cake mix by using a homemade topping.
You can even make it gluten free by using a gluten free cake mix or use the gluten free topping I shared on my gluten free dump cake without the mix. The link for that is below in the recipe.
No matter how you make this I think you will love it!
For this recipe I used my favorite baking dish. I have had it several years and LOVE it! I even have it in several colors.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 yellow cake mix ( Instead of the cake mix you can also use the topping I shared for my dump cake without cake mix.)
- 1 cup butter melted
- Spread apple pie filling in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Pour caramel topping over apples.
- Sprinkle ( or dump) cake mix over the top. You use the dry cake mix here, you do not mix it up into a batter.
- Drizzle melted butter over cake mix
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- We love this served warm with ice cream or cool whip.
To make this gluten free: You can use a gluten free cake mix. I like the King Arthur Gluten Free Cake mix. You can also use the gluten free topping I used for my gluten free dump cake without the mix. For the gluten free version I also decreased the butter to 3/4 of a cup. You also need to be sure your caramel topping and apple pie filling is gluten free.