Three ingredients is all you need for this easy crock pot pork roast.
This is a meal I made last month during the holidays. It was the perfect dinner in the middle of a lot of unhealthy holiday eating.
I realized when I shared it that I have never shared the recipe here with you all. I do something similar with beef roast, but I have never shared the pork version. Today I am fixing that and sharing it with you all.
I have been making this roast recipe for years. I think I started making this at least twenty years ago. It is one of my favorite easy roasts to make. It is simple, but full of flavor.
This recipe also freezes well. I freeze it all the time. I like to freeze it with a little of the cooking liquid from the crock pot to help keep it moist. We like to defrost it and use it for sandwiches.
You can freeze the leftovers if you have any or if you find a great deal on pork roast you can buy extra and make two meals out of one.
Three Ingredient Crock Pot Pork Roast
- 3 lb pork roast
- 1 package dry onion soup mix or use homemade onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard- you can use less, but I like to use about that ( This is the mustard powder found in the spice aisle)
- Place meat in crock pot, sprinkle with soup mix and dry mustard.
- Cook on low for 7 or 8 hours.
- Serve or shred and serve as a sandwich filling.
Note: If you are gluten free be sure to use homemade onion soup mix or a gluten free onion soup mix. Most store bought onion soup mixes are not gluten free.