Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are my new favorite way to make mashed potatoes! They are easy and delicious!
If you have an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker, mashed potatoes are a must make. It makes mashed potatoes easy and perfect every time.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, skip this recipe, and make my crock pot mashed potatoes. It is the same basic recipe made in the crock pot. Both recipes are great. It depends on how much time I have or what my day looks like on which recipe I make.
Growing up my mom made potatoes in her old fashioned stove top pressure cooker all the time. It feels strange to say old fashioned because they really aren’t that old fashioned. Electric pressure cookers are just the newer and safer version of them. But that is a different subject.
The potatoes my mom made were always great. Soft and tender and easy to mash. So I knew I would love potatoes cooked in the Instant Pot.
This recipe is based on my crock pot mashed potatoes. It is a basic mashed potatoes taken to the next level with sour cream, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Yes, you can do a basic mashed potato in the Instant Pot, but these are even better.
My favorite thing about making mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot may just be that I don’t have to worry about the potatoes boiling over. Or am I the only one that always has that happen…
If you are looking for more Instant Pot Recipes be sure to check out my huge list of Instant Pot Recipes!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 6-8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1- 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place potatoes and chicken broth in the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Be sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Cook on manual for 8 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure
- When pressure has released remove lid.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup milk. Mash adding more milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.