Gluten free cinnamon sugar muffins are a delicious breakfast treat!
I have had this recipe set aside to share with you all for several months, but I keep putting it off because I have shared so many muffin recipes. The reality is though that my family loves muffins. We make them at least once a week and eat them for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dessert.
So, I decided to ignore that fact that I have already shared quite a few muffin recipes and am sharing this one today. I hope you don’t mind.
For these muffins I wanted to recreate a cinnamon sugar muffin that I remember making before I went gluten free. It always reminded me of cinnamon sugar toast, but in a muffin form. I knew I could come up with a similar version in gluten free.
And I did! With some trial and error, I finally came up with a gluten free cinnamon muffin we love.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners or grease well. This makes 12-14 muffins. Set pan aside.
- In a bowl mix together rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together eggs, milk, and butter.
- Stir in flour mixture just until well combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan filling cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For topping:
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip warm muffin in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cool muffins on wire rack.