Slow Cooked Cheater Refried Beans is a simple side dish that goes with just about any Mexican or Tex-Mex type meal.
We eat a lot of Mexican food at our house. It is usually a quick and easy dinner that everyone loves.
One of my favorite ways to serve it is to simply make some shredded Mexican meat, Mexican rice, chips, salsa, and other toppings along with the bean recipe I am sharing today.
This recipe for slow cooked cheater refried beans combines the ease of canned refried beans with some of the flavor and texture of homemade refried beans. I like to put it in the slow cooker for a couple of hours, but you can easily heat this recipe up on the stove top as well. Just heat it for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are well combined.
Slow Cooked Cheater Refried Beans
- 2 – 16 ounce cans refried beans
- 1 – 16 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter or bacon grease
- Combine ingredients in a slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Serve on tacos, as a side dish, or with Mexican rice.
Note: You can use black refried beans and black beans for a black bean version.