This Crock Pot Taco Soup is so easy to make. It is a simple meal your family will love.
There are many versions of taco soup out there. I have several that I have shared on my site already, but taco soup is one of those recipes I am always changing up to come up with new versions.
The version I am sharing today is a simple crock pot taco soup that I made recently. My whole family loved it, so I knew I had to share it with you all.
Years ago my sister made a taco soup that contained V-8 juice. It was an unusual ingredient, but was so good. I got the recipe from her and I have made it many times over the years. I know V-8 juice sounds a bit odd for a taco soup, but it adds so much flavor.
I recently used that basic idea of V-8 juice in a taco soup, to come up with a little different version than my sister’s recipe. It was delicious. I love the flavor the V-8 juice adds.
The rest of the ingredients for this are pretty simple, but the combination of everything together makes a delicious soup.
You can easily cook this all on the stove top for 20 minutes or so, but I love cooking it in my crock pot for several hours on low because it helps blend the flavors a little better. Either way though this is a delicious soup that I am sure will be on the menu plan often.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 48 ounces V-8, I usually use low sodium
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can chili beans ( If gluten free be sure to use a gf chili bean)
- 1 package of taco seasoning ( If you are gluten free be sure to use a gf or homemade taco seasoning)
- tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream for serving
- In a skillet or pan brown ground beef with onions and peppers until meat is no longer pink and onions and peppers are tender.
- Drain off any fat and place meat mixture in a 5 or 6 quart crock pot.
- Add V-8 juice, corn, beans, and taco seasoning.
- Stir to combine well.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.