Eating oatmeal is one of the best ways you can start your day. One of the things I love most about oatmeal is how inexpensive, yet how healthy it is.
If you are like me, you grew up eating a bowl of oatmeal almost everyday for breakfast. My mom served it often and I now serve it often to my kids. It is a breakfast you can feel good about serving your kids.
Today I have a fun twist on your typical bowl of oatmeal to share with you. You all know I love oatmeal, especially baked oatmeal. Well this recipe is like baked oatmeal in the form of a muffin.
These muffins taste great and freeze really well, so they are a perfect make-ahead breakfast. And they taste great!
- 3 cups quick oats (If you are gluten free use gluten free quick oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until mixed well.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners or grease well.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins. This makes about 15 muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes or until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.