Do you have some bananas on your counter that need to be used up? Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies!
Cookies might be my favorite way to use up overripe bananas. Or at least one of my favorite ways to use up bananas.
Bananas and chocolate are a great combination. Add in some oatmeal and you have a delicious banana oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips.
Can banana oatmeal cookies be made gluten free?
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend for gf version
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats ( For gluten free version use gluten free oats)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Mix in banana.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips.
- Using drop dough onto baking sheets using a cookie scoop or use a heaping tablespoon full. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 11-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
These can be made gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend like Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend and gluten free oats.