Beef Enchilada Rice Casserole is a quick and easy dinner your family is sure to love! It uses basic ingredients so it is easy to make any night of the week.
Ground beef is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with because when it comes to meat it is so budget friendly. You can’t get much cheaper than ground beef.
One of the other great things about ground beef is that it is easy to stretch. Yes, you can use a few pounds to make hamburgers, but you can also use one pound of hamburger in a casserole and turn it into a whole meal.
A few years ago I did a series on ground beef recipes and those recipes have become some of the most popular recipes on my site. You all seem to love ground beef recipes as much as I do, so I am hoping to start sharing more ground beef recipes over the next few months.
Today’s recipe for beef enchilada rice casserole uses ground beef. It is actually inspired by a recipe my sister told me about for enchilada rice casserole that she made with chicken.
I make a skillet enchilada rice that my family loves, so I knew they would love a baked enchilada casserole like my sister made.
But because I can’t follow a recipe, I totally changed what my sister told me she did. I did not have any chicken on hand, but I had quite a bit of ground beef in the freezer. I also knew my family would prefer a ground beef version over a chicken one.
I also added canned tomatoes and of course more cheese. I tweaked a few other things too. So basically it was inspired by my sister’s version, but I totally did my own thing.
If you need a new quick and easy dinner idea I think you will enjoy this one!
Beef Enchilada Casserole is also gluten free as long as you read labels to make sure your ingredients are gluten free. This is a gluten free casserole that is so good no one will realize is gluten free. It is a normal food that is gluten free. I love recipes like that!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4-5 cups cooked rice
- 1- 10 ounce can enchilada sauce or homemade enchilada sauce
- 1- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1- 15 ounce can of corn, drained (You could also use frozen corn)
- 3 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet cook ground beef until browned and done. Drain off any fat.
- In a large bowl combine cooked ground beef, cooked rice, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, refried beans, drained corn, and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Stir well to combine.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan or similar sized casserole dish.
- Spread remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
This casserole is gluten free as long as you read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 756Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g