Pumpkin cupcakes anyone?!
These pumpkin cupcakes are so fun to make. They are based on an old cake recipe that my sisters and I have made for years. I simply adapted them for cupcakes and added some frosting.
These cupcakes make a great last minute fall or holiday dessert. Everyone loves cupcakes and the pumpkin in these make them great for the holidays.
Plus, they are so easy that kids can make them. Kids love to help in the kitchen and these are a fun, and delicious, way to let them.
You might think the butterscotch pudding in these is a bit strange, but it is what makes these so good! The flavor compliments the pumpkin well and the pudding mix helps make these so moist and delicious. Really, you should give these a try.
And if you are gluten free these work well with the King Arthur Gluten Free Yellow Cake mix. I have not tried it with other gluten free brands, but I am guessing they would work also.
- 1 package yellow cake mix ( King Arthur Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix works well also)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for about 30 seconds, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into paper lined or grease muffin tins. This makes about 18 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely and then frost.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
Gradually beat in enough confectioners’ sugar to achieve desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.