This is one of those recipes that I could not decide where to share it. It is a great breakfast for anyone, but it is also so simple to make gluten free.
I really struggle with gluten free breakfasts, especially quick and easy ones. My sister and I have talked about this many times. Breakfast can be the hardest meal to deal with when it comes to food issues. So, I decided that since these are a fun quick and easy breakfast that are freezer friendly, and they are gluten free, I would share them here in the allergy section.
Make a big batch of these and stick them in the freezer and your kids will love it. These work great for busy mornings and lunchbox treats.
- 3 cups oats, use gluten free oats for gluten free version
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Stir well until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into greased or lined muffin tin. This makes about 18 muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.