This is my favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookie to make. I love this recipe. It is so good and it is semi healthy because it has oatmeal in it. Cookies are healthy if they have oatmeal in it, aren’t they?
This recipe is adapted from an oatmeal cookie recipe that I found years ago. Although the original recipe was good, I thought it needed something more. By adding chocolate to it, I made a plain cookie great. Chocolate was just what these needed.
You can also make these with raisins, but chocolate chips are our favorite.
What kind of cookies do you like, oatmeal or chocolate chip?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets placing them 2 inches.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.