Two ingredients are all you need for this easy Chocolate Pretzel Bark
Do you need an easy holiday candy recipe? We all need more of those this time of year don’t we?
I am all about easy holiday recipes. The easier the better. However, I don’t want to sacrifice taste. Easy isn’t worth it if it doesn’t taste good.
Chocolate and pretzel just go together. The salt and the chocolate combination is delicious. This recipe for Chocolate Pretzel Bark is the easiest way that I have made this classic combination.
There are many ways that you can make chocolate covered pretzels.
You can dip pretzels in chocolate.
You can break up the pretzels, stir them into chocolate, spread it on a cookie sheet and make a bark out of it.
But I think this pretzel bark is even easier than those two ways of mixing chocolate and pretzels together.
I will admit that this is more of a technique than an actual recipe, but I put the basic recipe below.
Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet. Use a cookie sheet with sides so that the pretzels don’t slide around.
Spread chocolate over pretzels making sure to cover pretzels completely.
Refrigerate until firm and break into pieces.
It is that easy. All you need is two ingredients and a little bit of time.
Need more easy candy recipes? Try some of these:
- Easy Candy Bar Fudge
- Peppermint Bark
- Nestle Crunch Bark
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Homemade Snickers Bars
- 3 cups chocolate chips or other melting type chocolate
- pretzels ( I use gluten free pretzels)
- Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet. Use a cookie sheet with sides so that the pretzels don't slide around.
- Place pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place chocolate chips, or whatever chocolate that you are using, in a microwave safe bowl and melt at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted. Or melt chocolate your favorite way to melt it.
- Pour melted chocolate on top of pretzels.
- Spread chocolate over pretzels being careful to completely cover pretzels.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Break into pieces.
This is not an exact recipe. You can vary the amount of pretzels and chocolate. You just need enough chocolate to cover the amount of pretzels you are using.