We are keeping it simple today with a quick and easy recipe for eggs and zucchini.
Scrambled eggs with zucchini makes a delicious breakfast, lunch, or breakfast for dinner.
I almost didn’t share this recipe because it is really more of an idea than an exact recipe.
Sometimes though the things we have been doing for years, are something that other people have never thought to do.
So today I am sharing a simple meal that my family has been making for as long as I can remember.
I know you might be saying, zucchini and eggs, really?! But stay with, please. It really is a simple and delicious meal.
This recipe is an adaptation of a meal that my mom used to serve every summer. I am not sure if other people eat zucchini and eggs together. I am assuming that they do, but maybe my family was the only one that put this combination together.
When we were overrun with zucchini during the summer, my mom often got creative in using it. One of the ways that she used up the zucchini was to add it to scrambled eggs.
When my mom made this she would slice or chunk the zucchini. I never really liked it that way. It wasn’t until I started shredding the zucchini that I enjoyed it mixed in with my scrambled eggs.
I now love how easy and filling this is to serve. I totally understand why my mom made it during the summer with extra zucchini.
It is great for summer, but it is a filling, healthy, meal that is perfect for all year long.
- cheese, optional but good
- 1 cup shredded/grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add water and whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring often until the zucchini is tender. This takes 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add eggs to zucchini and stir/scramble until eggs are desired doneness.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese if using.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 293mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.