The best way to describe these brownies are rich and delicious.
Flourless brownies are often thought of when it comes to gluten free cooking, but they also work well for anyone. Flourless brownies and cakes were around long before gluten free was popular. People love them because they are rich and fudgy. Gluten free people love them because they just happen to be gluten free.
This recipe for my Cooking Through My Collection series comes from Nestle Year-Round Recipes cookbook. I picked this cookbook up several years ago and love it. It contains all kinds of recipes, but I bought it mainly for the desserts. And not just the desserts, the chocolate desserts to be more specific.
I have several of the Nestle cookbooks and several Hersheys ones and I have enjoyed them all. Chocolate companies know chocolate desserts.
I would love to hear what Nestle cookbooks or recipes you love?
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, butter, and water. Cook for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and continue cooking at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir cocoa into melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar until thick, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Fold half of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. Then fold in the remaining egg mixture until incorporated.
- Stir in pecans if using.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 32-37 minutes or until edges are slightly firm and center is still soft.
- Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl heat cream. Add remaining 1/2 chocolate chips. Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted. If needed heat a little more to melt chocolate.
- Spread over brownies. Refrigerate brownies for 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up ganache before cutting.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.