Yesterday I shared a recipe for regular gluten free biscotti. Today I am sharing a delicious gluten free chocolate version of biscotti.
I am not sure which biscotti I liked more. The regular one or the chocolate one. I think I will have to say both, because really I don’t think I can choose. They were really that good.
We dipped these in chocolate, because again everything is better with chocolate, but you could easily leave these plain.
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mini gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Carefully stir in the flour mixture until the dough until stiff. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet, press dough out until dough is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until slightly firm. Allow the biscotti to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool.
- Remove the biscotti from the cookie sheet and cut the biscotti into 3/4 inch slices.
- Return biscotti to cookie sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Cool biscotti on a rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.