Gluten free dairy free can be easy and delicious! This gluten free dairy free zucchini bread is so good that no one will know that it is gluten and dairy free.
Zucchini bread is one of those classic recipes that has been around for years. There are all kinds of different versions of zucchini bread out there.
Most of the classic zucchini bread recipes include basic ingredients. Some more modern recipes have extra add ins or special ingredients to make them fit a special diet.
Zucchini bread is one of those recipes that takes me back to my childhood. My parents always had a big garden and zucchini was one of the things they almost always grew.
If you know anything about zucchini you know that you often have way more of it than you need or can use.
Whenever my mom had lots of zucchini she would make zucchini bread and zucchini cake. Both were favorites of ours growing up.
I am not sure what recipe my mom used all those years ago, but I know it was a classic recipe with basic ingredients. She kept her recipes simple.
I have several zucchini bread recipes that we love including my regular zucchini bread recipe and my gluten free chocolate zucchini bread. but over the summer my daughter requested that I make something that was both gluten free and dairy free.
So earlier this summer I got to work on coming up with a gluten free dairy free zucchini bread.
It took some work, but I finally came up with a gluten free dairy free zucchini bread that we love! It is so good no one will know that it is gluten and dairy free.
I used individual gluten free flours in this and I think that you get the best results when you do that. If you want to use a blend instead I would use Bob’s Red Mill 1 t0 1 Gluten Free Blend in place of the gf flours and xanthan gum.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Zucchini Bread
This gluten free dairy free zucchini bread is so good that no one will know it is gluten and dairy free!
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Squeeze excess liquid out of zucchini by placing it in a strainer and pressing with hands or use paper towels to squeeze out some of the moisture. (Taking out some of the moisture helps the texture of the bread especially if you have a really large zucchini).
- In a bowl combine white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until well combined.
- Spread batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Zucchini bread freezes well. Let cool completely and wrap and freeze the loaf or slice and freeze.
Leave a Reply