If you follow my main site then you have probably guessed that my family likes pumpkin.
I have also posted my gluten free pumpkin cake and my gluten free pumpkin bread over here in my allergy section.
So, yes I have gone a little pumpkin crazy this year, but what can I say we love pumpkin and it is a perfect fall and holiday food.
Today, I have gluten free pumpkin pancakes for you.
My family was a bit skeptical of these at first, but once they tried them, they loved them. I have made these several times over the last couple of months and they always enjoy them. In fact my daughter asked for these pancakes for her birthday breakfast this week.
These are a bit of a heavier and thicker pancake than my regular gluten free pancakes, but they are very good and actually more filling than my regular ones.
These would make a perfect breakfast for Thanksgiving Day.
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl mix together sorghum, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, pumpkin, egg, and oil. Mix together well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Cook on heated griddle or skillet.
- Serve with butter and syrup and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.